Urgent Excel IF formula help!!

Bidds10

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All,

I need some urgent help with a formula please? I'm trying to complete a compliance report and a status column is driving me nuts!

this is where i am for the compliance status -

=IF(OR(P2="",U2="Active","Assigned"),"Overdue",IF(MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY()),"Approaching","In Date"))

But it is returning everything which is Status/U2 active or assigned as overdue even if the due date/AN2 is not yet due. Basically what i'm looking for is -

Overdue = If Completion Date/P2 is blank and status is active and assigned and due date/AN2 is passed today.
Approaching = If Status/U2 is "active or assigned and due date is this month
In Date = Anything which has a date in completion date/P2 and is before Due Date/AN2 is Status/U2 "complete" and/or not yet due/AN2.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Try
Excel Formula:
=IF(OR(P2="",U2="Active",U2="Assigned"),"Overdue",IF(MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY()),"Approaching","In Date"))

Upvote 0
Try

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(P2="",OR(U2="Active",U2="Assigned",AN2<TODAY())),"Overdue",IF(AND(OR(U2="Active",U2="assigned"),MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY())),"Approaching","In Date"))

Upvote 0
Try

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(P2="",OR(U2="Active",U2="Assigned",AN2<TODAY())),"Overdue",IF(AND(OR(U2="Active",U2="assigned"),MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY())),"Approaching","In Date"))
Thank you for the fast reply! This is still showing items with a due date in the future as overdue and also, no items as approaching.

Upvote 0
Try

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(P2="",OR(U2="Active",U2="Assigned"),AN2<TODAY()),"Overdue",IF(AND(OR(U2="Active",U2="assigned"),MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY())),"Approaching","In Date"))

Upvote 1
Try

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(P2="",OR(U2="Active",U2="Assigned"),AN2<TODAY()),"Overdue",IF(AND(OR(U2="Active",U2="assigned"),MONTH(AN2)=MONTH(TODAY())),"Approaching","In Date"))
This has worked! Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back