Use Pivot table output to filter another pivot table

Barslund

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Pivot tables, but have access to a large dataset that I need to build several analysis on.
I was wondering if/how it's possible to use the output of one pivot table to filter another pivot table?

Have the spreadsheet below, were the first pivot tables filters first by year (2016) and then secondly by a bunch of item numbers (vare nummer in Danish), as I wan't to know, which of our customers have purchased these specific items.

Secondly, based on the output of these customer ID's, I want to know how much these specific customers have purchased of our "FOOD" category - therefore wanting PivotTable 2 to depend on the Output of Pivot Table 1.

If I wanted, I could simply go and filter our customer ID list manually based on the output from PivotTable 1, but with over 1500 customer ID's that would be a bit inefficient.

I've seen suggestions as to add a helper column, but as both PivotTables are build on the same PowerBI database, I'm not sure how you would go about doing that.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can go about this task fairly easy and be able to replicate it to later analysis?

Thanks in advance

N2HDxtB.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
can you not just add "food" to the pivot table you have already ?
which you seem to have done ?

Upvote 0
It appears you have multiple Tables that have yet to be joined. This joining or establishing relationships is where many discussions with Power Pivot begin. If you have Power Pivot, great. If you don't the techniques are similar using the Data Model.

Look in the PowerBI discussions.
Also Check some of the tutorials from Mike Girvin on his ExcelIsFun YouTube channel.
PowerPivotPro.com has blog entries from some of their pros that gets into the introductory of much and may be enough to get your desired result.

i.e. you don't need two pivot tables, just one with the data linked in the proper parent/child relationship.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hermansoa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back