User Can't Select Form Control Option Button

rjbinney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Yes, it's football pool time again.

I have a worksheet where the user clicks on the team's helmet, and it selects their pick for this weekend's games.

I did it by inserting a Form Control Option button, then in Properties, added the bitmap of the helmet. The worksheet is OUT of Design mode, and protected.

I first created the form in Excel 2007, but have modified it extensively in Office 15 (whatever year that's supposed to be these days).

I have tried the form on two machines, both running Windows 7-64; one running Office 2010 and the one that I modified the form on (Office 15). In both cases, when I clicked on the helmet, the correct "True" value was generated.

I have one colleague - running Office 13, also on a Win 7-64 machine, who can NOT select the helmet. His cursor changes from the "PLUS" symbol to the pointer as he hovers over it, but it does not seem to do anything. I have heard no complaints from other colleagues.

We have unprotected the sheet and tried, reprotected it and tried, rebooted and tried, I've saved the form as a 2003-2007 compatible file, and still nothing.

We've tried changing the Macro Settings in the Trust Center, and have changed the "Trust Access to VBA object model" settings - mine were checked, his were not; we swip-swapped, and mine still worked fine with it deselected, and it seemed to make no difference on his.

Where should I be looking to get his sheet working properly?

Thanks in advance, and Hi, Kate.

rjb

The highlighted above is what I selected; I presumed that the "Form" and "ActiveX" were different families.

Code:
=EMBED("Forms.OptionButton.1","")
So there you go.

Interesting... So I guess I selected Forms control, but once I added the whiz-bang gee-gaws to it, it became ActiveX?

Oh well.

That will teach me to try to be clever!

Thanks

I'm puzzled, as far as I know, you can't add pictures to a Forms control button, as a matter of fact, Forms control buttons allows for very limited customization, and does NOT show a "properties" window.

I think what you did was actually an ActiveX option button to start with.
In a blank worksheet, try adding a Forms control option button and re-create your customization, I don't think it'll work. Now add an ActiveX option button, and you'll be able to customize it just like you did before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back