using excel to construct horse racing tickets

csperberg

How would I go about setting up excel to generate horse racing tickets, particulary Pick 3,4, and 6 wagres.

What is needed;
1-ability to select type of wager
2-enter contenders per leg of each race, give runners a weighted value(odds and level).
3-set criteria for how you want tickets structured, could be min-max odds value, size of bankroll etc.
4-construct the actual ticket combos, and print if needed
5-track tickets played, enter results information manually or import if using results fiels, track bankroll and ROI. On a per type of wager, overall, per date range and per track.

The best example of what I would like to do is shown here at this site. http://www.bet-smart.com/ if you look at the pick 4 and pick 6 software it is what I am looking to do, except I would like to add Pick 3's and actually in reality I would like to make possible to do any amount of combination race from a Daily Double all the way up to a place pick all which can cover the whole card maybe 8-9 races.

I only posted an external link as it was the only example I could find to compare to what I want to do.

Outside of the one site as mentioned above, I could not really find anything to help me out. A ton of lotto generators, but they work on a one leg format versus a multi leg one.

Also if at all possible, it would be great to use the same concept on singel race wagers, like exactas, trifecta's and superfecta's. Using the weighting system to determine how your contenders should be played on the tickets.

Here is some websites that also provide somewhat of the idea I am trying to get at. They give manual templates to construct tickets.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040603...horse/pick6.htm
http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/tips/p4temp.htm

One though to remember, I am not trying to figure out ever combination of numbers. My exptic wage calculator can tell me in an instant how many combinations there are with the numbers used. Tickets are constructed on weighted values. A horse with a 1.8% chance of winning is going to appear less on the tickets versus the horse who has a 38% chance of winning, yet the 1.8% still stand a chance and need to be placed on sometickets.

Anyone who bets these types of wagers will understand how expensive single tickets can be versus multi tickets, just using 2 horses in every race will cost you $128 straight $2 per combination and 64 combinations available.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me out with this, it is greatly appreciated. I hope I explained what I need done clearly enough.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
csperberg :

I believe that this board mainly tries to help people solve Excel problems in which they are having some trouble. Also, helping some folk sove a general problem, using Excel. But, I don't think that we expressly want to help someone resolve a massive problem, such as yours, from scratch! If you start a worksheet with your problem, and start working on it, then, many here would be willing to help you with particular problems you run into. Of course, I may be wrong, and someone will solve your problem, as stated... Only time will tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hermansoa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back