Using most recent data for chart

b_jarbs

I am trying to make a chart that shows the amount of overdue projects vs on time projects. This file gets new information added to it every week. This means if something was overdue last week and still overdue this week it will count it on the graph twice. Is there a way that if there any duplicates of an item it can only count it as one? I cant simply delete the old one either because there are other graphs that show overdue by week and what not. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so attached is a sample file (some data missing because its sensitive material.) Anyways I need to make a pivot chart that shows the on-time items (green) and overdue items(red). Basically this file is updated every week with new information. If a file is done it does not show up on the next week export file (which gets imported into the bottom of this file). So some of these files are shown up multiple times and as the time passes they go from on-time to overdue. I want my graph to only show the most recent of the duplicate items. So if you look in the attachment row 6(change number=99017 & workitems=26010 (the combination of the 2 make the item unique)) starts off on time, but as the weeks pass the item becomes overdue. I don't want the graph to show both of the days before deadline on the graph because it will show one as over due and one as on-time. i just want to show the newest one. I tried to make this as clear as possible but it might still be confusing. Let me know if there are anymore questions.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I do not know how to add attachments though. It says adding attachments is off but I cannot turn it on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back