Using Workday + Sequence + Networkdays together horizontally?

WSBirch

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon,
What's the best way to accomplish this task here... I'm a bit stumped. I feel like I have all the parts but my brain just isn't combining them.

I'm making an attendance roster.
I need a number of columns equal to the number of working days in a month. Each month will have it's own sheet in the workbook. At the start of each sheet, I have the first day of the month, ex. March, 1, 2022, but it's formatted so that it simply appears only as "MARCH 2022" in cell I2.

Starting at E3, I have the formula
Excel Formula:
=WORKDAY.INTL(I2-1,SEQUENCE(1,31))

This works great and all, but it's obviously pushing March 1 + 31 days after it that are weekdays. On a different sheet, I have the NETWORKDAYS listed for each month in 2022. This also excludes a range of dates named holidays.
Excel Formula:
=NETWORKDAYS(D17,EOMONTH(D17,0),holidays)

So, for example, March has 23 working days in it according to the NETWORKDAYS minus any holidays. I want to input this "23" into the formula WORKDAY(SEQUENCE) formula back on the "March" sheet.

For end game here, I want to just copy each sheet and simply change the date in cell I2 to a different month's date and have the WORKDAY(SEQUENCE) automatically update the number of columns it produces based on the number of NETWORKDAYS for that month. ie. March 2022 will have 23 columns, April 2022 will have 20 columns, May 2022 will have 21 columns, etc. Is there a way to change the date in I2 of any sheet of a month and have the WORKDAY(SEQUENCE) formula update with the correct number of working days?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

How about
Excel Formula:
=WORKDAY.INTL(I1-1,SEQUENCE(,NETWORKDAYS(I1,EOMONTH(I1,0),Holidays)),,Holidays)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back