VBA Auto Entry of Data with a Problematic Countif Function

powellku

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Excel Gurus,

The Objective

My objective is to use VBA to automatically input information into this database from a VBA entry form. Upon entry of the data, a unique Index is generated as well as a “Tracking Add-on” is created to track the adjustments to the indexed item.

The Problem
When new data is entered the "Countif" formula changes itself to accommodate to the new data which messes up “Tracking Add-on”. Instead of the “Tracking Add-on” adding a sequential number (i.e. 1,2,3) it adds the latest version of the number (i.e. 3) to all entry with the same Index root. Additionally, the font reverts back to the original table style and not my altered style: Arial in black. The “Cell & Countif” function is the formula that is causing the error, the ID and Index are work fine.

Attempted Solutions
I’ve rebuild the sheet twice. I’ve tinkered with all the formulas. I’ve reviewed my formulas and VBA code against other excel sheets that I’ve created to see if I’ve made any significant changes, but I haven’t. Thus, I haven’t been able to solve this issue! Any help would be appreciated!

Possible Solutions
Is there another formula that I could use instead of the “Cell & Countif”? Or, a formula locking setting that I could change?

Table Details
ID
Index
Index w/ Add-on
B03-P01-R03-A03-19
B03-P01-R03-A03-191
=ROW(A161)-2
=CONCATENATE([Branch ID],$A$1,[Program ID],$A$1,[Recom. ID],$A$1,[Action Item ID],$A$1,[@[Year ID]])
=B161&COUNTIF($B$3:B161,B161)

Sincerely,

KP

Preview attachment Database Issue.PNG

Database Issue.PNG
14 KB

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back