VBA "Error loading DLL" wrong PowerPoint reference (Excel 2010)

sparda663

Hi everyone,

i'm working on excel 2010 and i develop an application using VBA. This application should allow me to see powerpoint document but, since i changed computer (DELL laptop windows 7 -> Toshiba hybrid computer (tactil) , windows 8.1) i can see this in my reference project

Capture.PNG

All the references to office App are 14.0 but powerpoint is the only one to be 15.0, and i don't have Office 2013 so, when i try to add the reference it fail, then i browse to the path of "MSPPT.OLB" , vba find it but when i put something like

Dim pptApp as PowerPoint.Application

Private Sub Test
Set pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application
end Sub

it says "Error loading DLL" , i tried to replace the DLL with a working one but i still have the same error. When i delete the reference and restart excel, i can still see "PowerPoint 15.0" instead of 14.

If someone can help me with that , it would be very helpful !

PS : the powerpoint application on VBA was working on my DELL and my desktop computer (because i didn't have this problem of reference).

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
UP ! , I'm sure someone is able to help me here :D .

.. If you "UP!" ( Bump) too soon, you lose the chance of a profi (that can almost certainly help you ) picking it up when he looks through the "Zero Reply" Threads when he starts his Day.
. I am very inexperienced in this area, but occasionally had that DLL error when opening my Files
As always the issue was different XL versions resulting in different Library references. (I was using Files made in XL 2013 or 201o which I then tried to use in XL 2007)
. My DLL error usually went away if I took off ( un checked ) the reference form All libraries that were not available. – Even if they were not relevant to my current code. So check to see if any additional libraries are referenced that are not available. And uncheck those.
. Sorry, I cannot help more
Alan

Upvote 0
Haha, sorry for the "UP" i knew that not everyone would agree with that :D

Thanks for your reply and here is the problem :

I already unchecked all references and re-checked them all but nothing changed. And there is no references with "MISSING" , even the PowerPoint 15.0 .. And i installed Excel 2010 , the same version which as on my old computer.

Thanks.

PS : My code with code TAG ( even if there is nothing wrong with it)

Code:
Dim pptApp as PowerPoint.Application

Private Sub Test

Set pptApp = New PowerPoint.Application

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back