VBA help

raven42_1978

I have worked with Macro 4.0 for quite a while and feel that I'm pretty proficient with it, but now I'm trying to get into VBA to make my products better. There is a small project that I'm working on now to basically give me a little familiarity of VBA and having a couple problems. I have a workbook that has a list of names in column A; separated by sections. Using the Name Manager, I highlighted each section range and created a name for each. I created a UserForm that contains 2 combo boxes, one for the Section name and the other for the individuals names. List of names populates based on which section is selected. Once the individual is selected and a command button is pushed, their data populates in the text boxes. I'm also able to change the data in those text boxes and save it back into the spreadsheet.
Here is where my problem lies.
I have a button to insert a row in the spreadsheet below the individual that is selected in the UserForm.

Problem 1) There are three specific cells in the previous row that I want the data copied and pasted into the newly created row.

Problem 2) When I insert a new row in the middle of the range, the Name Manager updates the range of cells to include that new row and is also reflected in the individual name combobox. If I insert a row at the bottom of the range, the Name Manager is not updated to include that new row. Would like some VBA code that would update the Name Manager range of cells to include that new row and have it populate in the list of names when the Section is selected in the Userform

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There are other things that I want this Userform to do, but want to start with these problems first. Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi raven42_1978. Welcome to the forum. As nobody has responded I thought you might find this helpful. If you create tables within the worksheet and then, rather that adding a complete new row, you use the "Insert Table Row Below" command, that row is added to the table. I have seen this technique used to get around the problem you are having, but I'm not sure it is applicable in this instance. Good luck and I hope this response generates addition help that you find useful. All the best and stay safe!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowinx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back