VBA Less Than Issue

avd88

Board Regular
Hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having.

I'm working with a payout grid. So for example if you fall on Curve 2 and attained 102% quota you get paid $500, if you attained 103% you get paid $525, 104% / $550, etc.
I recently learned that the field attainments need to be rounded to the nearest tenth. So for example I have someone with a 102.98% attainment who I was giving a payout of $500 when he should be rounded to 103% and be given $525.

The way I set up my code it checks if the attainment is less than the % in the payout grid. Once that statement is true it pulls the payment amount from the grid depending on which column you fall on.

Attainment
Curve 1
Curve 2
Curve 3
102%$600$500$400
103%$625$525$425
104%$650$550$450

So I have a person XX that falls in Curve 2 and has a 102.98% attainment. I omitted using the VBA round function due to the bankers rounding. I was using Application.WorksheetFunction.Round but wasn't getting the correct numbers when auditing the data. I went back to my original code to do some testing and after playing around for a bit I noticed the following issue - When I have 102.98% as a value It gives me the correct $500 amount, when I have 103.1% as a value I get back the correct $525 amount, but when the value is exactly 103% I get the lower $500 payout which doesn't make sense because even when those are equal the Boolean statement 103% < 103% should still return a FALSE.

I have the following code, my For loop starts looping through each rep and depending on which curve they fall in it starts looping through the grid with the While loop:

VBA Code:
 'PAYOUT CALCULATIONS'

For i = 2 To lastrow
    x = 1
 'XXXX PAYOUT'
    'CURVE 1'
    If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 1 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
            If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 14).Value < Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x + 1, 1) Then
                If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 1).Value = "XX" Then
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 5).Value
                ElseIf Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 1).Value = "XY" Then
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 5).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

'CURVE 2'
     If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 2 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
            If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 14).Value < Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x + 1, 1) Then
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 6).Value
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 6).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

'CURVE 3'
    If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 3 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 7).Value
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 7).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

Next i

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
To follow up on this I changed the order of the table and the logic of the If statements to If Attainment >= Grid % as to be inclusive when the attainment % is equal to the % in the grid. I'm still having an issue when I have numbers rounded to an whole number % wise. i.e. 118.95% rounded up to 119%

VBA Code:
'PAYOUT CALCULATIONS'

For i = 2 To lastrow
    x = 1
 'xxxx PAYOUT'
    'CURVE 1'
    If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 1 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
            If Application.WorksheetFunction.Round(Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 7).Value, 3) >= Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 1) Then
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 5).Value
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 5).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

'CURVE 2'
     If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 2 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
            If Application.WorksheetFunction.Round(Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 7).Value, 3) >= Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 1) Then
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 6).Value
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 6).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

'CURVE 3'
    If Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 37).Value = 3 Then

While x < lastrowPG
            x = x + 1
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 7).Value
                    Sheets("Projected Attainment").Cells(i, 11).Value = Sheets("Payout Grid").Cells(x, 7).Value * 1.2
                End If
                x = lastrowPG
            End If
        Wend

End If

Next i

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back