VBA Macro to Hide Columns and Insert New Column

Mr_Peter

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I am a bit new to VBA. I want to write a macro where the macro will always hide 2 columns to the right of a reference cell value/column, in this case column "B".

I also want to insert a column between "E" and "F" after the two columns "C" and "D" have been hidden, the new column between "E" and "F" needs to have the same date cell as E3 with the Plan and Actual headers I have.

After that I need the macro to insert a new column after the last used column with a date header that is a week later than the last column header. So in this case column "T" needs to have a date value of 2023/02/18.
ExcelTable_Example.png

So this is what it looks like before the macro above, and here is a picture of what I need the table to look like after:

ExcelTable_Example2.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi all, I have figured out inserting a new column after the last used column with a VBA macro, but I am struggling with hiding the 2 columns to the right of reference cell "B3"

VBA Code:
Sub Insert_Column()

Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = ActiveSheet
    Dim rLastCell As Range
    Dim LastCol As Integer

Set rLastCell = ws.Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=ws.Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:= _
    xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=False)

LastCol = rLastCell.Column

ws.Columns(LastCol).Copy
    ws.Columns(LastCol + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteAllUsingSourceTheme

End Sub
This the code I used after finding a solution on stackoverflow, to hide the columns though I am having an issue where the counter only counts up until the 3rd column which is the first hidden column. How would I go about counting from the right to left to find the first hidden column when going right to left, then hiding the 2 columns to the right of that column identified?

VBA Code:
Sub Hide_Column()

Dim ColCounter As Long
    Dim Hide As Long

ColCounter = 1
    Do While ColCounter > 0 And ColCounter < 66536
      If Sheet1.Columns(ColCounter).Hidden = True Then
           MsgBox (ColCounter)
           Exit Do
      End If
      ColCounter = ColCounter + 1
    Loop
    Range(Columns(ColCounter + 1), Columns(ColCounter + 2)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True

End Sub
The VBA macro to hide columns needs to always hide the 2 immediate columns to the right of the reference cell "B3", then insert a column between the 2 columns after if that makes sense. In the 1st picture of my first post in this thread, column "C" and "D" will be hidden, then another column will be inserted between "E" and "F" which is how the 2nd picture looks, thank you again!

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have managed to find a solution after utilising the services of someone on fiverr. Here is the code for the macro to hide the 2 columns to the right of "B3", then insert a column between the immediate next 2 columns and adding a column at the end of the range with a date header 7 days into the future, hope this helps anyone who comes across a similar problem!

VBA code for macro:

VBA Code:
Sub program_macro1()
Dim last_col As Long
Dim actws As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count
    Set actws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i)
    actws.Activate
    If actws.Name <> "Historical" And actws.Name <> "Historical_GHANA_SA" And actws.Visible = True Then
        last_col = actws.Cells(3, actws.Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
        For j = 3 To last_col
            If actws.Columns(j).Hidden = False Then
                col_vis = j
                Exit For
            End If
        Next j

actws.Range(actws.Columns(col_vis), actws.Columns(col_vis + 1)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
    actws.Columns(col_vis + 3).Insert Shift:=xlToRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
     actws.Cells(2, col_vis + 2).Value = "Planned"
     actws.Cells(2, col_vis + 3).Value = "Actuals"

actws.Cells(3, col_vis + 2).Copy
    actws.Cells(3, col_vis + 3).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

last_col = actws.Cells(3, actws.Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

actws.Columns(last_col).Copy
     actws.Columns(last_col + 1).Select
     actws.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    actws.Cells(1, 1).Select
    actws.Range(actws.Cells(4, last_col + 1), actws.Cells(40000, last_col + 1)).ClearContents

End If
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "Process Completed!", vbInformation
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back