VBA macros turn of microsoft automatic disabling

277jah

I have as default turned of all macro disabling in the options settings, and accept all file types, yet microsoft still unwantedly blocks every **** macro file nearly, even with all restrictions lifted it appears impossible to stop this it takes hours of research to get around for any downloaded addin or macro. It is a timewasting nanny state policy by microsoft allow those who choose to do as they wish please. $### of microsoft please!!!!!!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I doubt it is Microsoft. More likely it is your Excel Trust Center settings. Or if you are using a company PC, it could be your company's security polices.

Upvote 0
Windows will automatically block any macro's running if the file is downloaded or from an email (since Windows 10), the easiest way around it is to set up a trusted location folder to put your files in.

Upvote 0
Solution
I doubt it is Microsoft. More likely it is your Excel Trust Center settings. Or if you are using a company PC, it could be your company's security polices.
No it is a personal machine I have disabled every possible microsoft restriction no restrictions on web, macro or any files, it just ignores them. I think the suggestion below is the solution. To put them in the microsoft trusted addin location, and also create a macro file trusted location. I will try this and report Back. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back