VBA - Set time for a specific row using a Button

TravoG

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before. But I ran into a bit of a stumbling block trying to figure this one out.

Scenario,

Assembly\shipping team utilizing a excel spreadsheet to track times of task completions for the assembly\shipping procedure they have in warehouse.

I currently have a button which pulls up a form for easy data\order entry, adds information such as Order#, Customer Name, Due Date, into a table
The table has additional columns such as "pick start time", "pick finish time", "assembly start time" "assembly finish.." and a few more.
I currently have a button that will populate the current time for which ever cell they currently select. End users have to manually ensure that they select the right cell for the current process to work.

I am trying to create a button which will ask the end user a prompt of what order # they are trying to update, and then set the time for that task.

ie. Order# 23456 is already entered in the table, and is about to start being assembled.
The technician assigned to assemble the order selects a button called "Start Assembly"
A prompt opens up, asking what order they are working on, end user has to enter "23456" into prompt
VBA validates that order exists in table, finds the row that the order is on and then updates the "Assembly Start Time" column of the row that order is on.

I don't mind creating multiple buttons for each of the columns being tracked,

I am grateful for any help,

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
make a user form, with various boxs/combos,
have user use a combo drop box to select what event to do: Start Assy, End Assy, etc
a box for Order#

then you only need 1 button SUBMIT to record the event. instead of N buttons ,1 for each event.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back