VBA to Create a report

NYEXCEL1

Board Regular
Per the below grid, I am looking to have VBA take the data for each Silo pull the entire row (client, Silo, Jan, Feb, etc) onto a new worksheet also including the header row and total the months. So for example, the Group 1 worksheet would have 2 lines for client "a" and "d" under the header (ideally alphabetically by client) and sum each month Column.

Thanks in advance to the Excel community!

ClientSILOJanuaryFebruary
Client agroup 1 $ 1,000.00 $ 1,500.00
Client bgroup 2 $ 2,000.00 $ 5,000.00
Client cgroup 3 $ 3,000.00 $ 2,500.00
Client dgroup 1 $ 4,000.00 $ 6,800.00
Client egroup 2 $ 5,100.00 $ 3,500.00

<colgroup><col><col><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks Zack, I will apply the above and see how it goes. Regarding VBA, I learned Excel the same way with formulas, etc. I felt lke VBa was always a different animal as the options and delarations at the beginning of the code made things confusing and the program wont work without it.

If ok with you, i hope to pick you brain with questions in the future to for ideas and guidance.

thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I just tried. the Format worked fine, the total just added another column to the right of the total column already there.

I am looking for a total of the column not the row. so a total for the January column under the last item in that column.

Does that make sense.?

Upvote 0
Oh, I see. So a new row at the bottom of the data, with a total for each column? So if there is 10 rows of data, row 1 being a header row, then row 12 would contain formulas like
Code:
SUM(C2:C11)
?

Upvote 0
Gotcha. Change the last two lines of code I gave you for these two...
Code:
        Sheet.Range("A2").Offset(UBound(Silo, 2), 2).Resize(1, UBound(Silo, 1) - 2).Formula = "=SUM(C2:C" & UBound(Silo, 2) + 1 & ")"
        Sheet.Range("A1").Offset(UBound(Silo, 2) + 1, 0).Value = "Total"

Upvote 0
Thanks that worked. I tried writing in the following to select all worksheets and autofit all columns but it is not working and i am getting no error messages. below is the code, can you advise and where should i put it in the program.

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Select
Columns("A:O").EntireColumn.AutoFit

Upvote 0
I would think that should work, but I wouldn't do it that way. I don't like 'Select'ing anything, it's not necessary and generally provides a lot of overhead as far as [CPU] processing power, just because of the way VBA is structured as an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language. Instead I would do it inside of the last loop, where we've been making edits, and before the 'Next' line I would put
Code:
Sheet.Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back