VBA to: On click of Command Button - copy range, paste range, enter 1 in last cell of range, repeat this but increase value by 1 each time

BlondieC

Hi and thank you for taking a look at this.
  • This tool allows each site to customize a site specific hardware configuration.
  • The worksheet also contains text and functions as an order form.
  • The button to action the copy/paste will be clicked multiple times by various users depending on the hardware configuration requirements.
  • The range is a range of cells (some are merged), outlined to resemble hardware that will be installed on site.
  • The range copied will always be the same.
  • The range pasted will be offset by one to the right each time.
  • The code works to copy/paste, and insert the value 1 in the bottom right cell of the range. What I cannot figure out (tried a loop), is how to get the 2nd copy/paste to insert the value 2 in the bottom right cell of that pasted range and so on.
  • I also think the line the section of code eliminating worksheet names can or should be changed to just naming the specific worksheet where the command button is and where the copy/paste of the range will take place which is the Schematic worksheet. But I'm not sure.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim xSheet As Worksheet
    Set xSheet = ActiveSheet
         If xSheet.Name <> "Order Form" And xSheet.Name <> "Information" And xSheet.Name <> "New Sku" Then
            xSheet.Range("C15:D27 ").Copy
            Sheets("Schematic").Range("ZZ31").End(xlToLeft).Offset(, 2).PasteSpecial xlAll
        End If
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

Range("D43").Value = Range("D43").Value + 1

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Range("A15").Select

End Sub

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi and thank you for taking a look at this.
  • This tool allows each site to customize a site specific hardware configuration.
  • The worksheet also contains text and functions as an order form.
  • The button to action the copy/paste will be clicked multiple times by various users depending on the hardware configuration requirements.
  • The range is a range of cells (some are merged), outlined to resemble hardware that will be installed on site.
  • The range copied will always be the same.
  • The range pasted will be offset by one to the right each time.
  • The code works to copy/paste, and insert the value 1 in the bottom right cell of the range. What I cannot figure out (tried a loop), is how to get the 2nd copy/paste to insert the value 2 in the bottom right cell of that pasted range and so on.
  • I also think the line the section of code eliminating worksheet names can or should be changed to just naming the specific worksheet where the command button is and where the copy/paste of the range will take place which is the Schematic worksheet. But I'm not sure.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim xSheet As Worksheet
    Set xSheet = ActiveSheet
         If xSheet.Name <> "Order Form" And xSheet.Name <> "Information" And xSheet.Name <> "New Sku" Then
            xSheet.Range("C15:D27 ").Copy
            Sheets("Schematic").Range("ZZ31").End(xlToLeft).Offset(, 2).PasteSpecial xlAll
        End If
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

Range("D43").Value = Range("D43").Value + 1

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Range("A15").Select

End Sub

I found a solution. I just had to keep looking at it. ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back