Verify Data Entered, Return Specific Value Assigned To Data Entered

trex0530

I have a fuel receipt spreadsheet that requires a person to input specific data from the receipt into the spreadsheet. On a separate tab I have a list of 20 vehicles (by Vehice #) and their assigned fuel card number (5 digit #). Not all receipts will have the fuel card # printed on it, but every person is required to write the vehicle # that they refueled on the receipt, along with their name. On the tab for the data entry, the person will input the driver's name, the date of transaction, dollar amount, vehicle #, odometer and finally the fuel card #. Since the card # isn't always printed, I'd like for that to be automatically referenced from the data reference tab once they input the vehicle #.

I have the entire year spread across the main data entry tab. January and July are in columns B - G with columns A and H being spacers and also containing the number of rows. Columns I - N are for February and August and so on. Each month has 135 rows allowing for 135 receipts to be entered. Here's a sample of a couple of rows for January.
January Receipts
Officer NameDateAmountVehicle #OdometerCard #
1​
2​
3​

Currently, the Card # column (G) restricts the data to be entered by a data list that references the Data Reference tab and the columns containing the fuel card #'s. In an effort to simplify things, I'd like for that to automatically enter the card # that is assigned to the vehicle # entered into Column E (Vehicle #).

Here are a few rows from the Data Reference tab containing a few vehicle #'s and card #'s.
CARD #ASSIGNMENTVEH. #BRANCH/DEPARTMENT
30046WILLOUGHBY1716CLE-FIP
30103MOBILE PATROL2136CLE-PTRL
30160OAKWOOD1653CLE-FIP

Currently, for this one branch, there's 20 vehicles with 20 fuel cards.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syzer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back