1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
  4. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

I am trying to put the below formula in column B because I want it to take the customer's name from the OC no.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,'2021 Operations List'!P5:P200, 5, FALSE), "")

1620214445999.png

the OC no. is in another sheet in the same file as shown below. You can see the formula in column E to get the customer's name from another sheet. Is this the reason that the sheet above can't read the client's name? Is there another formula which would give me the desired result above to have the customer's name displayed from the formula without changing anything in the below sheet?

1620214512241.png

thank you in advance
Maria

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Which columns on the Operations list sheet contain the OC number & the customer name.

Upvote 0
Which columns on the Operations list sheet contain the OC number & the customer name.
Hi Fluff, thank you for your reply .. the OC number is in column P and the customer name is in column E

now also i realized that i forgot to add one point to the main question, which is the following:

- for the OC number, column P is the one which has most of the numbers. but sometimes, it can be N/A and the OC number can be found in columns T or Z

so the logic is as follows:

- column P is the OC number if the order will be manufactured in our factory
- column T is the OC number if the order is going to be brought from a third party company to complement our factory order
- column Z is the OC number if the order is going to be from the stock we have in our warehouse

So sometimes we have OC numbers in one of the three columns, and sometimes in all 3 or in both. So i want the formula to look into all 3 to see where it finds the number i insert in column A of the first sheet in my main question

I hope this isn't confusing. Please let me know if you need clarification

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!P2:P500,0)),IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!T2:T500,0)),IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!Z2:Z500,0)),"")))

Upvote 0
Solution
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!P2:P500,0)),IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!T2:T500,0)),IFERROR(INDEX('2021 Operations List'!E2:E500,MATCH(A3,'2021 Operations List'!Z2:Z500,0)),"")))
hi Fluff, thanks a lot i really appreciate the help. it worked well.

I tried to work a bit with the formula you gave me to get the below needed result but it didn't work. Maybe i missed something or it has to be a different formula? what i need is the below:

I want the project name to be taken from the Operations List. in the operations list, the Project name is in column I. the same OC number applies, it might be in one of the 3 columns i mentioned before

1620543922312.png

can you please help with this one too?

thank you in advance

Upvote 0
Just change the E2:E500 to I2:I500

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back