Vlookup New Table

kcdill

Board Regular
I have a Workbook for material takeoffs and another Workbook for all my lookup Tables.
I have added a new table of Square Tubes to my tables workbook. I am using the following formula to lookup values in the new table. =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C100,'BT_Blank Master.xls'!SqRect_LBL,0)),"BOGUS","SqTube") to identify the product as a Square Tube. However the formula returns BOGUS as the identifier in stead of SqTube.
And the following formula =IF(E100="SqTube",VLOOKUP(C100,'BT_Blank Master.xls'!SqRect_TBL,3)*G100,"BOGUS") to calculate the piece weight. This formula returns BOGUS in every cell that is supposed to display the weight. The formula can't seem to find the Square Tube table.
I have been using the following formula for the pipe table for several years without incident. =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C102,'BT_Blank Master.xls'!PIPE_LBL,0)),"BOGUS","PIPE") so I copied it and changed the names for the new Square Tube table.
The new Square Tube table is on the same worksheet as the Pipe table.
How can I get the Square Tube formulas to find the Square Tube table? Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Can you post some sample data/information? Just guessing but it seems PIPE_LBL may be a named reference to your table? This is different from the worksheet name. Have you created a named reference for your new table?

Upvote 0
Good Afternoon R-D:
All of the tables are on a worksheet named TBL_PIPE.
There are six tables on the TBL_PIPE worksheet named as follows:
ELL_LBL and ELL_TBL.
FLG_LBL and FLG_TBL.
PIPE_LBL and PIPE_TBL.
REPAD_LBL and REPAD_TBL.
SH_NOZ_LBL and SH_NOZ_TBL.
and the new table SqRect_LBL and SqRect_TBL.
The respective lookup formulas are all working fine and finding the LBL and TBL values on the TBL_PIPE worksheet. Except for the new SqRect table which can't seem to find the SqRect_LBL and SqRect_TBL.
I am working on sending you some cells from the Takeoff worksheet and the TBL_PIPE worksheet.
Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back