VLOOKUP not working for a small range of dates

CountDeMoney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello - Have been tasked with keeping up with the number of certain subscriptions to our website, so I created a small table on a worksheet (Sheet 4) and am using VLOOKUP
to return numbers for a specific date. On Sheet 4 I enter any date in A2 and it returns the appropriate numbers in C3-E4 (6 cells). My range of dates start on Apr 24, 2023 on
Sheet 1 Col A and will run indefinitely into the future. The problem I'm experiencing is for the dates 12/2/23 - 12/31/23 (A259-A288). When I enter any of these particular dates
the table returns all zeros, despite the fact that there are numbers in some of the cells for those dates. I have tried reformatting the dates in A259-A288 in different ways but get
the same results of all zeros. I have checked if there is any oddball or conditional formatting I was unaware of. I have also deleted the cell contents and then re-entered them.
Entering any other random date after 4/24/23 up to "today" has returned the appropriate numbers so far. Totally perplexed why this specific range of dates is returning nothing but
zeros.

Attachments

• December Counts.png
    December Counts.png
    149 KB · Views: 9
  • Dec 1 results.png
    Dec 1 results.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Dec 19 results.png
    Dec 19 results.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 8
  • VLOOKUP formula.png
    VLOOKUP formula.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Hi welcome to the forum. Mr Excel has a tool called xl2bb add in that allows you to post mini worksheet(s) of your workbook(s). This allows the forum to see your formulas and maintain cell reference integrity. Please use that to post your data. If you cannot then post LABELED (column and row ID) tables.

Images give an idea of your problem, but the forum needs to completely rebuild your worksheet, which takes time and can have errors. And, since your formulas are not working the forum probably needs to replicate your error. But one thing I notice is that you have a formula of:
VLOOKUP(A2,Daily Counts!A:AC, 2)
Try:
VLOOKUP(A2,Daily Counts!A:AC, 2,TRUE)
or
VLOOKUP(A2,Daily Counts!A:AC, 2,FALSE)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back