Website data scraping

DRSteele

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Can someone please help me?

I am trying to use PQ to get the data from this website into Excel. There are no Tables shown in the navigator.

When you fire up the webpage for overall standings, there is an index number to the left of each team - THAT is their official ranking after tie-breaker rules have been applied; they use it to sort all the tables.
Right, but it is not included in the JSON string, and it makes sense since there is no entity that will keep that information. However, the new end-point (API URL) we used in the final code returns the data as already sorted by the official ranking after the rules have been applied. So, I just used that URL and didn't apply any sort during the transformation.

Sweet! The only thing more astonishing than your technical abilities is the fact NJ Devils lead the league.
Haha! I wish I knew more about the league to be more familiar with NJ Devil's performance history. Actually, I can look at the historical data. What is more astonishing is that we can use the code to go back until the 1917-1918 season. The NHL database should be really big! And interestingly, it is public.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Thanks for your comments, Smozgur. This website seems to be down for a while now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back