weighted slope intercept adjustment between two different value sets

Dspace

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Alright, good morning everyone...looking for a little help remembering my HS calculus lessons here (I think). Here's the situation. I've got an Excel-based commission tool. As it is configured it works to calculate commissions based on two separate slope/intercept graphs for two different products that sum to a total average calculated selling price & total compensation. My sales team really doesn't care about the price per product they want to offer "Here is your total price per widget (regardless if it's A or B) they just want to say 40,100 at a rate of $18.13 each (or whatever). My issue is each widget has a different slope. I can do each calculation separately (Rows 2&3) & then rows 6&7 then add them together but this requires the sales team to enter a sale price in F2 & F6 & then they get an average price per widget in F10 automatically. What they want is to enter 1 price in F10 & have the math work upwards. The problem I'm having is with different volumes & slopes. I can't figure out how to make this work since the slopes/volumes are different. Any help is super appreciated. Currently F10 is a weighted average but G10 is a sum of G above.

Message me with any questions!
1705940620535.png

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back