Workbook reset after year change

MarkMeister

Hi,

I’ll try and explain this as simply and as easy as I can, here goes…

I have a workbook with various different tabs that need filling in, the workbook runs for one year.

The workbook currently has a drop down list that allows you to change the year (2024, 2025… etc.) and the weeks (dates) automatically change based on the year.

Now… is there a way that when the user changes the year to 2024, the entire workbook’s data is reset, but only for that year? If they were to go back to 2023, for instance, all that data entered would still be there, and subsequent years also.

I hope I’ve made myself clear!

Thanks everyone

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Do you have tabs (sheets for the previous year(s))?
For the new year are you just duplicating a sheet(s) for the next year?
When you say "reset" what do you mean? I assume you want the new year to have initial values, cleared values, etc.

Possibly the best way to implement this is to have a set for Sheets that have your initial values in it. Then copy these sheets for the new year in your workbook. Keep you initial sheets protected so that you do not accidentally put data in them. Or put your cleared/iniitialized sheets in a separate Workbook and only open that workbook copy from for a new year.

Upvote 0
Do you have tabs (sheets for the previous year(s))?
For the new year are you just duplicating a sheet(s) for the next year?
When you say "reset" what do you mean? I assume you want the new year to have initial values, cleared values, etc.

Possibly the best way to implement this is to have a set for Sheets that have your initial values in it. Then copy these sheets for the new year in your workbook. Keep you initial sheets protected so that you do not accidentally put data in them. Or put your cleared/iniitialized sheets in a separate Workbook and only open that workbook copy from for a new year.
It’s a data sheet for water hygiene we use at work. The data entered is for water temperature and ph levels stuff like that.

There’s different tabs on the workbook itself but all the data for ‘that year’ needs to be viewable for an auditor.

So when I look at the 2023 sheet I can see all the data for that year.

When I change the year to 2024, I initially would like the same workbook to be empty and then the data to be filled in for that year as we need to. Click to 2025, the same sheet would then become empty again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krishnamadison

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back