Worksheet "Reset View" button

rickblunt

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a 48" touchscreen monitor that I am using to relay information to the factory. The Worksheets that are displayed have a variety of graphs, data values commandbuttons and such to relay this information. I had previously been using cells to relay a lot of the data, but I have since revamped the worksheets to use objects such as blocks and such to show this data instead. By assigning links to some of the objects I am able to give the users the ability to "drill down" to other worksheets and related documents such as pdf's and jpegs. There are a pretty good quantity of objects, grouped into subject matters - some of these groups may have 50 or more objects in them.

However the one negative to this touchscreen monitor is that I am having to deal with the users accidentally moving the objects around the screen. Instead of just touching the buttons they keep sliding their fingers on the screen. I have asked them to "Control Z" it if they do this but it seems like they will do a save or something first which negates that function. I have been really working hard at protecting the worksheets and configuring the objects to prevent this. But with all of the shapes and commandbuttons that I am using this is not working well enough to solve the problem.

In the past I have set up my userforms to display at a specific location on the screen when I launch them. I am wondering if there is a way to code the location of groups and objects on the screen into a macro so that if they get moved I (or the user themselves) can just hit a "reset" button to put them all back to the correct location on the worksheet? Has anyone ever done something like this? I would appreciate your insight on the practicality of doing this? Thanks for your thoughts.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Maybe just a prompt to alert an unintended change is being made? Or put in an annoying ding sound ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back