Yahoo Finance Quote connection link stopped working

AndrewXnn

Has anybody using Yahoo quotes services in Excel been experiencing a problem with it working recently? Mine has worked for years, and stopped last week for no apparent reason.

Typically to refresh quotes, I simply hit the "Refresh All" button. However, when I do that I now get the following message:

"Web Query returned no data. To change the query, click OK, .......". Basically, Excel is suggesting that I edit the query.

However, the query has worked without any problems for many years.
The connection string is "http://finance.yahoo.com/quotes/["QUOTE","Enter stock, fund or other symbols separated by commas."]

Within the Parameters... menu, I have selected the "Use the following value:" radio button and have values such as: PGP XPGPX PTY XPTYX.......

Notice that these are stock symbols plus NAV symbols. From what I can tell, MSN does not recognize NAV symbols, which is why I don't use their service.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
There are others on different Forums who have asked the same question in the last week.

It appears YAHOO changed its website to prevent 'outsiders' from obtaining updates. You'll need to determine how the website was changed
and edit your code to accommodate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back