how to post screen shot IMAGE in forum

The best way to do this, is to use a program called Faststone Capture. You select the kind of screenshot you are looking for (there are several different options) and then you post to a free img. hosting service (such as tinypic, etc.) You then link the corresponding url here, possible using
Code:
to protect links (some forums do this)

Well I did actually. It's all there. If you have the program, you will easily be able to understand what I was talking about.

As for up'ing the img file, you go to
Code:
http:/www.tinypic.com
and then you select the file you wish to upload.

You then go here and insert the url that was given to you there, it will be the most bottom link.

The best way to do this, is to use a program called Faststone Capture. You select the kind of screenshot you are looking for (there are several different options) and then you post to a free img. hosting service (such as tinypic, etc.) You then link the corresponding url here, possible using
Code:
to protect links (some forums do this)
I disagree, for two reasons.

1. Generally in a few weeks/months time those links no longer work so the image is useless to other people who search for answers in previous threads.

2. Helpers can generally not copy sample data from those images to their own worksheets for testing solutions.

To me, much better to use one of the following (though I know some people may be prevented from downloading/installing these) Excel jeanie or RichardSchollar’s beta HTML Maker

I understand this :)

I simple gave a solution for what he was asking. What he does is his affair. If this is standard protocol, I will also be using jenie to accomplish what I need.

Also, with tinypic at least, imgs remain for years not just months. The only way it would be delete if it violated TOS

So what is the difference between Colo's HTML Maker and RichardSchollar's HTML Maker ? Since more than 3.5 years, I am using Colos HTML Maker and it is working fair enough on this forum, for me atleast.

So what is the difference between Colo's HTML Maker and RichardSchollar's HTML Maker ? Since more than 3.5 years, I am using Colos HTML Maker and it is working fair enough on this forum, for me atleast.
As far as I am aware, Colo's HTML Maker is no longer available for download. Unless that has changed, it is no use for new users, though those who already have it can continue to use it.

Also, many people are finding that Colo's HTML Maker is causing their posts to appear quite strangely now that the MrExcel forum has changed its underlying software. See post #1 here for example.

I am aware of that but one has to make changes while using Colo's HTML Maker & composing a post to be posted in a thread. I guess you are not aware of the same. Also, right now I am in office (with restricted access), but I would most prolly post the link of Colo's HTML Maker download link on this thread as soon as I reach home :biggrin:

Have a nice day !

I understand this :)

I simple gave a solution for what he was asking. What he does is his affair. If this is standard protocol, I will also be using jenie to accomplish what I need.
There is no rule against using sites like tinypic, so you have done nothing wrong. :)

I guess what I was mainly concerned about was the suggestion that this was
The best way to do this...

Also, with tinypic at least, imgs remain for years not just months. The only way it would be delete if it violated TOS
Whilst that may be true, I have come across enough in the past where the links no longer work - for whatever reason - to find it quite annoying.

In any case, my main issue is with not being able to copy paste data. It should be an issue for people posting questions too since you limit how many people might try to solve your problem. Many of the board's most regular (and cleverest) helpers will just bypass such questions as they would rather spend their time developing answers rather than typing sample data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back