Problem posting in Excel Questions - formulas truncated

Ha,
Curious indeed.
So it works sometimes (the formula Joe4 posted works), and not sometimes (the original formula from micfly doesn't work).

It must have to do with how the browser interprets the less than sign - in some cases it reads it as html markup, other times not.

It must have to do with how the browser interprets the less than sign - in some cases it reads it as html markup, other times not.
Yes I have noticed that once in a blue moon, the code tags don't work for me either. But it is rare. They do most of the time. I haven't detected any patterns of when they do or don't.

Ha,
Curious indeed.
So it works sometimes (the formula Joe4 posted works), and not sometimes (the original formula from micfly doesn't work).

Yes I have noticed that once in a blue moon, the code tags don't work for me either. But it is rare. They do most of the time. I haven't detected any patterns of when they do or don't.
I can't find the thread but I think somebody worked out the issue previously. If my memory is correct it isn't a random thing but depends on what follows the < sign.

See my response in Joe's test thread

Peter,
I'd be willing to bet you are right. That makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back