I must raise this question again!

Smozgur has volunteered to do the job.

:biggrin:

Let me note here three most important principles which, in my opinion, are needed in order to this plan to succeed.

I) Only the member who posted, can turn ON or OFF the “indicator” (in a mechanism like editing a post)

II) The indicator will be turned OFF automatically whenever a new reply to the post is accepted

III) Turning ON the “indicator” will NOT push the post upward to the front page!! (This is all the beauty about this proposal), otherwise it will be used improperly and we shall gain nothing as the whole thing will behave like adding a reply

Thank you all for your concern,

Eli
P.S. Chris, I like your suggestion.

I totally agree, nice tips :)

What about this page eliW?

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/search...tby=p.post_time&searchboth=both&submit=Search

And to create a quicker way for future questioners: why dont we try letting current questioner to accept a comment then marking that comment as the Best Way to do what s/he needed in page to get attention first opening after acceptance click (this would also mark question as IT IS SOLVED of course)?

I think we can also care about these. What does everybody think about these?

Regards

PS: Coders are a little crazy (at least me) so dont let them giving advice:)

One more :)

I am sure all these advices should be asked before but repeating is not wasting of time.

I'd like to be able to manage my recent comment history actions at the link i pointed above. Also just one line per comment and a column which will warn me when new comment was dropped or questioner enjoyed and accepted a comment, this would let me know there is a new action and visit the question again.

What do you think?

I think that the resolution status of a topic is ten times more important than the number of views, and that this would add a great deal of value.

So my question is, what's the status of the resolution status tracking? I don't see the field, and enough time has passed since the last post to make me worry.

While on the subject, is resolution always a yes/no answer? Personally, when I do get useful replies, they often fall into the 'Slow Workaround' category. I'd like to be able to give some credit to the reply, but not mark it as fully resolved. Would a 0% to 100% percent satisifed field work?

Some people (not including myself) are trying to make an honest living in this field. Would knowing how badly someone wants an answer be relevant information? Extreme example of additional field: "Amount of $$$ I'll pay for this answer: ". Scary, but a reasonable response to the topic: "Please help! I need an ISO-9001 approved turnkey solution for my customer!"

Hope the above intrigues and entertains.

Regards,
Dave

As far as I know, the whole conversation just kind of died and been forgotten.

Sure, it would be nice, but there are other factors that make this more than a "black and white" situation (or "answered and unanswered" as the case may be).

However, as Bill mentions here, there will be a new board coming into play in the future. I would say to just hang tight and see what the new board can do, and just make your ideas noted here. There will be some "settling in" that needs to be done first :)

What I would really like to see is an amber, mauve and chartreuse light that indicates that "My problem is kind of semi-solved but not really solved but I posted it mainly out of curiousity and it's really not critical, so, if you have some extra time, take a look at it and if you don't, don't.".

Kristy, there's nothing more satisfying than a case of the virtual giggles. Here I sit, chatting on the Bored, the object of the rest of the world's exhortations to "get a life." :rolleyes:

Barry Katcher said:
What I would really like to see is an amber, mauve and chartreuse light that indicates that "My problem is kind of semi-solved but not really solved but I posted it mainly out of curiousity and it's really not critical, so, if you have some extra time, take a look at it and if you don't, don't.".

Barry, dude, guys only know four colours max and those ain't three of them. (white and black don't count)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back