How to attach excel sheet in mr.excel forum????

Dharani Suresh

Respected Sir / Madam, HOW TO ATTACH EXCEL SHEET IN MREXCEL.COM FORUM???? PLEASE HELP ME... Thanks & Regards, Dharani Suresh.

We don't do that here either. If your question is answered, you can simply say thank you. :)

I agree with the OP. Having an EXCEL help forum but not allowing users to upload their docs for help is the biggest oxymoron you could have on this site.

Total phail. will not use nor recommend this nonsense.

I agree with the OP. Having an EXCEL help forum but not allowing users to upload their docs for help is the biggest oxymoron you could have on this site.

Though this is a FREE site for you to use, it is not a FREE site to run. Adding the ability to attach files requires more bandwidth (= more $), and then there are extra security issues to deal with.

In the interest of keeping this a FREE site, we have decided to not allow file attachments. However, as was pointed out, there are ways to post screen prints, or you can quite simply upload your file to one of the many free upload sites on-line and provide a link to it.

While I agree with you about the attachments, I do not agree with your other comments or your attitude. You are way out of line. This is an excellent forum with excellent contributors. While I disagree with some of their policies, they are providing a very valuable service that has saved my countless hours. If you cannot change your attitude, you will be better off elsewhere, as you suggest, and we will be better off without you here. If you can grow up and learn to behave, you will get a lot of value from this group. But, judging from your post and your user name, that seems unlikely. Bye-bye.

Though this is a FREE site for you to use, it is not a FREE site to run. Adding the ability to attach files requires more bandwidth (= more $), and then there are extra security issues to deal with.

In the interest of keeping this a FREE site, we have decided to not allow file attachments. However, as was pointed out, there are ways to post screen prints, or you can quite simply upload your file to one of the many free upload sites on-line and provide a link to it.

The lack of attachments is a problem. Two suggestions:

1. Require new users to go through a probation period before they get full privileges. This is done on several other forums that I use.
  2. Provide a way to make contributions. This is one of the best forums on the web. I subscribe to dozens. I have made contributions to several that allow it. I would absolutely make one here if there were a way to do so.
  3. In the sticky thread about attachments, add something about using links to sites like DropBox. That's what I do for those forums that do not allow attachments.
  4. Make the sticky thread about attachments pop to the top of the list in a search for "attachments". I did the search and didn't find it.

Cheers

The lack of attachments is a problem.

It doesn't seem to be a problem considering the excellet reputation MrExcel.com has achieved.
Provide a way to make contributions. This is one of the best forums on the web. I subscribe to dozens. I have made contributions to several that allow it. I would absolutely make one here if there were a way to do so.

Another thing to consider, though I don't think this was a factor in the decision not to allow attachments.

Not allowing attachments indirectly forces the person asking the question to actually think about how to describe their issue in words.
This action alone quite often leads that person to the answer on their own, simply by looking closer at their issue.
It also leads to alot of question and answer during the troubleshooting which might lead to alternative solutions other than the specific one the poster had in mind.

The old saying:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach a man how to fish, he eats for the rest of his life.

Allowing attachments encourages the "give a man a fish" philosophy
I'll just give you the answer..

Not Allowing attachments encourages the "teach a man how to fish" philosophy
I'll teach you how I found the answer, perhaps you'll be better off because of it.

Just my two cents.

Not allowing attachments indirectly forces the person asking the question to actually think about how to describe their issue in words.
This action alone quite often leads that person to the answer on their own, simply by looking closer at their issue.

I agree :)

I think this is a great site, with amazing contributors which is the most important part and the one that makes the difference. The rest, such as ability to add attachments, are just details. With everything there is online, if one cannot find a quick workaround (email, dropbox...etc.), that would be THE problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back