Mr Excel HTML Maker

bschwartz

Hello,

Can anyone assist me with the Mr Excel HTML Maker? I can't seem to get it to function properly. I downloaded the zip file, and moved the HTML file into the addins folder of Excel at file path: C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

The new Add-Ins tab then showed up at the top with the MrExcelHtml dropdown menu. When I highlight some cells, and select the Generate HTML option from the dropdown, and paste into this forum, I get only two squares that look like this: ￿￿

I have tried all of the different Generate HTML options including All Formulas, User Defined Selection, etc. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and even redownloading and reinstalling numerous times, to no avail. I even enabled all macros, although I don't know if that's necessary, and I always get the same results. Two little squares.

I would appreciate some assistance.

Not sure. I don't use html makers very much. It sounds like a problem with encoding. Are you using 64-bit office? Anything unusual about your Excel install? When you paste into a text editor what do you see?

P.S., Does anyone know what the latest version is?

Xenou,

Thanks for your interest in trying to assist me with this. I find it difficult to post helpful solutions, or questions that I have, if I cannot paste a nice table.

Not sure. I don't use html makers very much. It sounds like a problem with encoding. Are you using 64-bit office?

Yes.

Anything unusual about your Excel install? When you paste into a text editor what do you see?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Can you elaborate on what I would do to test this?

P.S., Does anyone know what the latest version is?

For the record, I used the link from the Forum Posting Guidelines here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/515787-forum-posting-guidelines.html

Which links to: http://cid-8cffdec0ce27e813.office.live.com/browse.aspx/MrExcel

The file name is Htmlmaker20101230.

Anything unusual about your Excel install? When you paste into a text editor what do you see?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Can you elaborate on what I would do to test this?

This is no more than opening Notepad and hitting your paste button (or keyboard combination). The data you generate should be simple text, and you should see HTML text output if you paste it into a text editor. I would also be sure to test on some simple data in Excel - stay away from ranges with images, embedded objects, magic eight balls,, and the like.

I tried pasting cells into notepad and then pasting the HTML of those cells into notepad.

Result of first:

0 100.00
6 124.00

Result of second:

Excel 2010
AB
Sheet54

It is now pasting the above even into this forum. However, this does not result in a table.

It appears to be working decently now. Seems to go in phases.

The format does get thrown off a little however in some instances. The blue borders sometimes disappear.

This is good enough though. Thanks for your help.

Okay, good. A few forums (such as this one) have HTML turned "off" so you can't user HTMLMaker in those forums. The Excel Questions forum and the Test Here forums have HTML turned "on" so the html you posted above would be rendered in those forums.

The problem continues to come back. I'm still not quite sure how to resolve it, or why it started working again, and now stopped.

When I use the HTML Maker, I get ￿￿

I've tried pasting into notepad, and nothing pastes. I've tried re-downloading, extracting, and re-installing the add-in numerous times to no avail.

It worked well for about 3 weeks, then suddenly stopped.

By the way, I've never been able to get the Excel Jeanie add-in to work either. I just get a bunch of error messages, and need to get rid of it, so that it doesn't interfere with regular Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back