8:32:54 AM8:31:14 AM
8:33:12 AM8:33:12 AM
8:33:37 AM8:33:37 AM
8:33:59 AM8:32:59 AM
8:34:22 AM8:34:22 AM
8:34:47 AM8:33:47 AM

<tbody>
</tbody>

Let's say the table above is user1, user2, etc. attendance. In the Origin column, I have some timestamp (will be in sequence if all users are honest) based on when user click "Timestamp" button. In the Modified column is simulated the problem. If user is cheating (change windows time in pc), I want mark his/her timestamp with different font color. Please help me how to so that! Thank you..

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hi, oldbrewer

Please let me know
If my explanation is not clear. Let's say the first timestamp in A3. The timestamp just be put in column A. Btw, Can you help me? Thanks..

Upvote 0
Does anyone here can help me?..:(
FYI: The Modified column just "simulate"problem from the Origin column. So, if the Origin column has problem like in the Modified column (data not in sequence), how to solve that problem?.

Thanks..

Upvote 0
ybr_15,
Just to be clear, on your worksheet where this data is stored, there is only one column? In other words, you don't actually have an origin and a modified column?

I think I see what you are trying to do. Please give me a couple minutes to see what I can come up with.

ybr_15,
Assuming you do indeed only have one column, here's what you need to do:1

1. Highlight/select the range of data but do not highlight the first row. Assuming your first timestamp is in A3 and your last timestamp is in A10, you need to highlight A2:A10.
2. Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Use a formula to determine which cells to format
3. Enter the following formula (remove the spaces before and after the less than symbol):
Code:
=A4<a3[ code]
*LessThan*A3
--Dammit the removing of the less than and greater than symbols is annoying. Replace *LessThan* with the less than symbol.
4. Choose formatting to suit your needs.</a3[>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, DushiPunda

Yes, you are right. The Origin is where the first timestamp will be stored (let's say cell A3). So, the Modified is not actually exist (just for simulate problem)

Upvote 0
And the time limit to edit posts is also annoying. Formula:

Code:
=A4+LessThan+A3

Replace +LessThan+ with the less than symble.

ybr_15,
Please see the edit to my previous post, and also refer to the text above in this post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, DushiPunda

Thanks for your response & help, but your suggestion doesn't work (got wrong highlight).
Code:
=A4<a3
</a3

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back