Renumbering of filtered data ( Pls see I need the s.no to be 123 automatically after filter is done.
Eliminate Pivot Table Annoyances
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Renumbering of filtered data ( Pls see I need the s.no to be 123 automatically after filter is done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renumbering of filtered data ( Pls see I need the s.no to be 123 automatically after filter is done.

SNO School Name Address STATUS
    11 Jaypee Public School, Noida Jaypee Greens, Wish Town, Sec-128, Noida Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 201304 India F
    13 Kaushalya World School Hs 34, Sector Pi Ii, Greater Noida Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 201308 India F
    15 Lotus Valley International School 2 Sector 126 Expressway Noida Up Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 201303 India F
    17 Mary Angel’S Public School F1 Sect 15 Noida Uttar Pradesh Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 131301 India F
    19 Nehru International Public School Sector 11 Noida Uttar Pradesh Uttar Pradesh 201301 India F
    21 Nilgiri Hills Public School F – 01, Sector – 50 Noida, Dadri Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 201307 India F
    23 Panchsheel Balak Inter College Sector-91, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar, Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh 201301 India F

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Renumbering of filtered data ( Pls see I need the s.no to be 123 automatically after filter is done.

Would a VBA solution be acceptable?
    R.
    ---
    On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?'
    I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Renumbering of filtered data ( Pls see I need the s.no to be 123 automatically after filter is done.

Formula for SNO, =(SUBTOTAL(3,B$1:B2)-1)
    Last edited by lhartono; Nov 19th, 2017 at 12:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Assuming that the SNO numbers start in A2 then possibly

=SUBTOTAL(103,B$2:B2)
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MARK858 View Post
    Assuming that the SNO numbers start in A2 then possibly

Thank you so much . It worked. Sorry for the delayed reply as I was not well.

Best Regds,

Titus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddles View Post
    Would a VBA solution be acceptable?
    Not familiar with VBA. Solution provided by MARK858 . Thank you......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Titus sabu View Post
    Thank you so much . It worked. Sorry for the delayed reply as I was not well.

Best Regds,

Titus
    You're welcome
    Last edited by MARK858; Nov 22nd, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

User Tag List