Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adding Cells Multi Sheets + date

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

I need to do a summary of the first work sheet on second worksheet on the same file(password.xls)...

The database is a log of how many times passwords are reset per system per day. When a password is reset, yes is put in the cell according to system that is reset. Others not changed are left blank.

I have the headings on 5 cells from A3 to F3.
    Sheet 1
    A3 onwards is Username
    B3 onwards is Date
    C3 onwards is NT
    D3 onwards is Novell
    E3 onwards is JDE
    F3 onwards is Roads

Sheet 2
    B3 onwards is Date
    C3 onwards is NT
    D3 onwards is Novell
    E3 onwards is JDE
    F3 onwards is Roads

I need a summary per day, so need to get the date from the date field, and then add up how many times each one is marked off.

Could someone help me out? Im totally new at this Excel stuff, aint as easy as I thought it would be.

Thanks again
    Bruce.

Hi Bruce

Sounds like a good job for a Pivot Table. But as you are new to Excel this might be a bit hard. The database functions would also be well suited. If you would like to send me the Workbook (Or a similar copy) I will set something up for you.

BTW you may well get some advise to use array formulas, however I strogly advise against them as they are a short term solution that will have an adverse effect on Excel re-calculations.

Rest in Peace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try again, this time logged in ;o)

Hi Bruce

Sounds like a good job for a Pivot Table. But as you are new to Excel this might be a bit hard. The database functions would also be well suited. If you would like to send me the Workbook (Or a similar copy) I will set something up for you.

BTW you may well get some advise to use array formulas, however I strogly advise against them as they are a short term solution that will have an adverse effect on Excel re-calculations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, I have forwarded you a mail and copy of what I have so far.

Thanks.
    Rgds
    Bruce.
    On 2002-03-05 19:35, Dave Hawley wrote:
    I'll try again, this time logged in ;o)

Hi Bruce

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others