Right Click Menu on Sheet name

DJW66

This was asked by a colleague at work who does not have access to this board. I have spent the last 30 minutes going through old posts and front page Excel Menu how to's, and I have not found my answer.

When right clicking on the sheet name a menu appears the option to "move or copy" a sheet in not available on my colleague Excel. This option is there in the edit menu on the standard menu bar. I have tried resetting the menus; I made sure all "view" option we selected to show all of the menu options. The post below proved most intriguing as the menu worked fine, "move and copy" is there, when Excel is started in safe mode.

There was no final post to this thread and I was hoping someone could assist me.

This post is as close as I got:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349924&highlight=menus

Thanks,
djw66

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
To get to the Application Data directory, go to the Windows Start button and select Run.

Type in %appdata% and press Enter. You will go to the directory -- normally it's hidden in Windows XP and above. Navigate to Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART and see if the Personal.xls file is there; if so, change the extension and see if that makes a difference next time you start Excel

Denis

Upvote 0
When you say you have reset it do you mean via code ??

have you tried

Code:
Sub EnableRightClickSheet()
    With Application.CommandBars("Ply")
        .Enabled = True
        .Reset
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
I just came back in after a month of not being on the board and I noticed the I never replied to this post. Ivan, I was not reseting this properly, after I reset via code you provided this was resolved. Again, Thank you and my apologies for not replying sooner.

Upvote 0
I just came back in after a month of not being on the board and I noticed the I never replied to this post. Ivan, I was not reseting this properly, after I reset via code you provided this was resolved. Again, Thank you and my apologies for not replying sooner.

Glad you got this resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back