Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Print Orientation won't change

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A co-worker is having a problem having her spreadsheet stay in landscape. In Print Preview, she selects Setup, changes the orientation to landscape, and then selects Print Preview and it stays portrait. If then go back into Setup, we've had go back to portrait, but also still have landscape selected. It doesn't seem to make a difference if we do setup from the file menu.

Is there a setting somewhere that may be set wrong? Is this a printer problem or a problem with the printer setup? There are others sharing the same printer, and they are not having this problem.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for any help.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd

Does this problem occur in all of their excel files or just this one?

If multiple>

Have they checked the printer properties directly? Have them go to startsettingsprinters and then right-clickproperties on the printer and see if the printer itself has a landscape setting (Long-shot but worth a look).

Might want to try blowing away and reinstalling the printer again - verify the correct driver.

If just that file>
    Are they fitting the file to one page? Take a glance to quickly verify they are not trying to enlarge the file in one dimension only.

If your refering to an apparent corruption in the file, you might want to try copying the sheets to a fresh one to see if it behaves the same way.

Good luck - hope this helps somewhat
    Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears to be happening on all files. We have checked the printer properties, and everything appears to be set right. We will verify that we have the right print driver.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI

Can i ask did it used to work, say yesterdayu. few days back???

Free Excel based Web Toolbar available here.

Jack in the UK
    J & R Excel Solutions
    "making Excel work for you"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it used to work. It's not my problem, but from my understanding it even did work occasionally. I will have to get more details from the victim as to when the problem started, and if it is a permanent occurance on every file.

The printer we use is a network printer, and they did do some server maintenance over the weekend. However, my understanding is that this problem was occuring before that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Print Orientation won't change

I have just had the same problem with an excel spreadsheet. To solve I changed the printer to another one on our network - you don't have to print out - then closed the print menu. Then opened up the Print menu option again and selected the original printer. This worked i.e. it re-set the driver.

We use Ricoh photocopiers.

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others