Tabbing within the UserForm

jbailey2

Board Regular
Sometimes my UserForm decides to use the Tab key to Tab within the field rather than to the next field!!

Any suggestions? (The TabKeyBehavior property is already set to False!)

Hello and thanks for your response.

It's just a text box control in a simple ol' Excel VBA Form. I don't see that the control is within Frame or Multipage, and the only reference to Cycle that I see, is one of the Form properties is named Cycle.

screenshot:

untitled2.jpg

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Is the TabOrder proper?
Yes, the order in which tabbing occurs is correct, as controlled by TabIndex value (and TabStop value), in the properties of each control (labels, textboxes, comboboxes and command buttons). The TabStop for labels, however, is set to False, to prevent them from being included in the tabbing flow.

Yeah, this strange behavior of TAB reverting to tab-space, in textbox field, even though all the properties appear correct, is a really obscure quirk. It may be something so obscure, that it will be difficult to pinpoint. And, it does not really bother me at all when I am using my form, so perhaps we should not waste any more time on it? It does seem to be related to the amount of time that my cursor lingers in a text box field, but I can live with it. Let's not waste any more time on it...

Upvote 0
This is going to sound super dumb, but I noticed when I was having the same problem (inexplicable tabkey behavior changing from true to false, then working correctly after opening the form) that my problem was seemingly caused when I tabbed into a text box that was slightly different in size to the text boxes around it. (like 65.95 vs. 66)

Once I made the boxes the same size it started working flawlessly.

So far....

Upvote 0
Old thread, same problem. Some times it moves to the next textbox and other times it tabs inside the textbox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back