Using Excel As Cash Register/POS

Pembo

Hi There

Has anyone seen a neat solution where Excel has been set up like a touch screen Point Of Sale/Cash Register?

Im looking for a simple solution to use excel as a cash register type app where it tracks the sales of ice creams (about 40 products)

Ideally the screen could be used as a touch screen pressing some buttons for each of the items sold.
Then press other buttons to say how much cash received while instantly calculating the amount of change to be given

Once transacted this record gets written to an excel list that can be used for business analysis/record keeping

Look forward to any handy hints on how to achieve this

Thanks in advance

Pembo (Queensland - Australia)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi Pembo, Welcome to the board,

I have had a play and set up a basic cash register for you to start with. There is a fair bit of code with it, so it doesn't really seem appropiate to post it all here.

PM me with your email and I will send you the workbook, hopefully it may get you started. If you have any questions then post back here on the board, and there's a good chance we will be able to help out.

Cheers
Colin

Upvote 0
Hi Guys
I've been looking for that for ages!!! Could you post it to {mod removed email} ? I'm currently in Brazil and just cant find a simple soft to do that job!
Thanks
Roy

Mod note: I have removed your email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
can you please email me this workbook
am in the caribbean and i have been tryin really hard to get my excel cash register to work

Upvote 0
Hi Colin
Could you please send me the cash register you mentioned?
My email is {mod removed email}
Thank you soooo much
Roy

Mod note: I have removed your email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Have you already tried this?

EPOS 4 Excel (E4E) is a Microsoft Excel macro enabled workbook released as free opensource software under the GNU Lesser General Public License 3. E4E provides a basic electronic point of sale (EPOS) system. It is programmed in Excel VBA and uses Excel worksheets as the basis of its user interface.

EPOS 4 Excel - Home

Upvote 0
Have you already tried this?

EPOS 4 Excel (E4E) is a Microsoft Excel macro enabled workbook released as free opensource software under the GNU Lesser General Public License 3. E4E provides a basic electronic point of sale (EPOS) system. It is programmed in Excel VBA and uses Excel worksheets as the basis of its user interface.

EPOS 4 Excel - Home

Tried it and loved it, thing is I own a small pub and need to keep "bar tabs" for patrons... apparently the only thing EPOS doesnt do ... any advice? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi can you please email me this workbook?
I have been tryin really hard to get my excel cash register to work

Upvote 0
Hi rs2k

Can you please help me with my problem im runnin a small restaurant to which i have 300 more menus available i been lookin for many templates and at the same time a POS like system to which allowas me to choose the menu base on food category and outlet i have three outlets, BAR, CAFE, & GARDEN each outlet consist of drinks and foods and at the same time can generate daily sales base on receipt printing hoping for your help many thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back