Is there a formula that displays the row height?

Alphacsulb

For instance in A1 =RowHeight(1)

I'm looking for a formula that would tell me the row height.

Anything like that exist?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
There is no such formula, but you can click the border between the row headers to see the height of the row above. A macro would seem gratuitous.

Upvote 0
I'm not aware of any built-in functions for that. There is a CELL function that can give you the width of a cell rounded to the nearest integer (but I don't think it's volatile, so you need to force a re-calc when you change the column width).

Your best bet is a UDF, something like:

Code:
Function RowH(r As Range)
    RowH = r.RowHeight
End Function

You can then use this formula on your worksheet:

=ROWH(A3)

This, too, will not update when you change a row height, but when a re-calc is done it will update. (Adding "Application.Volatile" would not help, either.)

Upvote 0
Good thinking, Fazza.. forgot about those. Would be nice if one of these options would auto-calculate. :)

Upvote 0
(y) It can be handy. To have it update on a recalc, modify with something like extending the formula with +0*NOW()

Upvote 0
(y) It can be handy. To have it update on a recalc, modify with something like extending the formula with +0*NOW()

Hey Fazza, that is awesome!!!
I am really curious to know where did you learn all this, as in what part of Excel or 'something else' course are these kinda things covered in??

Would highly appreciate your response...

Many Thanks!

Upvote 0
Where is lost in the mists of time, Davin. I have not done any Excel courses.

There is quite a range of things that can be done using GET.CELL. It is from Excel 4 XLM macro programming - the predecessor to VBA. Someone who knew about it from XLM days utilised its availability via defined names. The word spread. I probably learnt about it from interaction with other Excel users via email in pre forum days. Information distribution changed dramatically with the internet. Now it is just a google search away.

For interest, here is one old Mr Excel post with further info http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/20611-info-only-get-cell-arguments.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back