Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Using macro to copy data relating to specific date

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible for a macro to copy and paste specific cells from one sheet onto another one if the date is the same from the first sheet? IF anyone knows PLEASE HELP!!

THANKS!!

From,
    Naz

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, definitely, but could you post a little more info please about precisely how you imagine the process to work i.e.
    "If cell a1 on sheet1 matches cell c27 on sheet4 then copy all of row 3 on sheet 1 to the last row on sheet6?" etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, more detail would be good especially as it may be possible to avoid VBA on this one, unless you really require it. (I tell you, I frighten myself with the amount of times I'm trying to avoid VBA these days.)

[ This Message was edited by: Mark O'Brien on 2002-04-15 11:47 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically I have a sheet called picking list with date in cell B12. I have another sheet called invoice where the information is recorded onto a separate sheet with a row for each invoice(including the invoice date [column c]).
    What should happen is that if there are invoice records with the same date as the one in the picking list then the entire row from the invoice records should be copied onto the picking list sheet.

For example say there have been 5 entries on the invoicefor today all of the information recorded from the invoices should copy onto the picking list if the date is that of todays.

Sorry if it is confusing it is for a college project and my teacher can't help. He is new to this!! (English schooling system!!!)

Thanks 2 any1 who can help....If it makes SENSE!! If it doesn't please let me know.

Love
    Naz

[ This Message was edited by: naq_uk on 2002-04-15 14:29 ]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others