VBA - Procedure too large!

colinmel

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 248pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=328 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 31pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1499" span=8 width=41><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 248pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=328 colSpan=8 height=34 rowSpan=2>I ran my Macro, which is quite long, and got the error message "PROCEDURE TOO LARGE"

Is there any way to split the VBA into 2 so that it runs?
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I suggest split it into several functions then call it one by one...

Sorry about this, but I'm actually a bit of a novice, so excuse my ignorance, but i don't know what you mean when you say to split it into several functions?

Upvote 0
You can split the code up but it might be worth taking a look at what you currently have.

You never know it might be able to tidy it up or shorten it.

If you are going to split it up you might want to identify sections of the code that do particular things.

Then you can create new subs, in new modules and call them like this:

Code:
Sub Main()

Call SubA 
      Call SubB
      Call SubC

End Sub

Where SubA, B... etc are subs where you've put the code you split out.

Upvote 0
It says "Compile Error - Procedure too large"

I've just called my macro - test1, does it make a difference?

For the Sub A, B and C, where do I put the actually code that I will split?

Upvote 0
Can you post a sample of the code?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have got the same issue, Can place all code in a text file and real one line at a time and execute it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Tej

Upvote 0
No you can't do that.

What you should do is go through the code and try and tidy it up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back