Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double stacked column

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. That's the limitation. Unless there is something VBA can do with the graph. These guys are doing some amazing stuff with VBA.

Maybe in the next version of MS-Excel. It is one of the more useful graphs. I expect it will get more attention by MicroSoft in the future. It has already been improved in Excel 2000.

Philip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Double stacked column

Quote Originally Posted by PDuPre' View Post
    Using your data in rows across. Jan-2002 is in cell B1 and Dec-2002 is in M1. Then the labels repeat again from N1 to Y1. I put the Budget data in cells B2-M2 and B4-M4 respectively. I then put the Actual information in cells N3-Y3 and N5-Y5 respectively. The labels in N1-Y1 do not matter as they will not be shown on the graph, but it makes more sense to keep them the same as B1-M1. Now when you highlight A1-Y5 and click on the Chart wizard it will attempt to create the chart you want. Just select the Stacked Column and then Next. Now since your data is set up across instead of down choose Columns and then make any other changes you want. When you click Finish the graph should be made.
    Now with 24 entries the legend may not show all the entries. You can increase the size of the legend to see all the entries if they do not show up in the default graph. Once you can see them all it will be easier to determine which ones you want to delete from the legend. Procedure same as my first message from here on out.

This graph is really powerful. I hope it works well for you.

Philip

Hi Philip,
    Your suggestion worked for me.
    Thanks.

Chaitanya

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others