Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Toggle Button control

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a user form with a toggle button that, when clicked, executes a search routine on a worksheet. The button remains dimmed or opaque until I click it again. How can the button be prevented from being dimmed?
    Thanks,
    Bidwin

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-30 10:04, Bidwin wrote:
    I have a user form with a toggle button that, when clicked, executes a search routine on a worksheet. The button remains dimmed or opaque until I click it again. How can the button be prevented from being dimmed?
    Thanks,
    Bidwin
    Well we need a little more information, please. I am puzzled as to why you are using a toggle button in the first place. Will not a simple command button do?

Really want to help, just need more details.

Rocky...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky,
    I have a user form with several text boxes. Only one is available to users who enter a search argument into it. The rest are display fields for data taken from a large (>40,000 rows) worksheet. A user enters a search argument and clicks the toggle button that kicks of a search routine. If a match is found relative data is displayed on the form. If a match is not found a message is displayed saying so. The user can then quit or enter another search.

It doesn't matter what kind of control I use, I just selected the toggle button. If there's a better way please let me know.

Regards,
    Bidwin

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bidwin,
    I am not an expert, so I say this with humility (which is a little tough on line). A toggle is not the same. If you need a simple go search button don't use a toggle. The toggle is built to remember it's last state. That is its whole reason for being there.

Make a copy of your file. Change the button to a simple control button. If it doesn't fix your problem we can get someone smarter than me involved.

Really hope you understand I am trying to help.

Rocky...

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others