pleas i need your help guys

Anas-jwailes

i have 5 years customers ending balance 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012
some of them exist in all of the years others of course not what i need here in this example :

what i have like this
A 2012 55
A 2011 66
A 2010 77

B 2012 44
B 2009 22

what i need is this
2012 2011 2010 2009 ...
A 55 66 77
B 44 22

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Morning Joesif

The easy way is to put headings above each column: 'Customer', 'Year' & 'Balance'. The select Pivotable and make the customer your row headings, Year the column headings and Balance Values.

The exact method depends on your version of Excel.

Regards

Upvote 0
Assuming that you data is in sheet1, columns A, B & C:

1. At the top of each column of data enter the following:
Cell A1: Customer
Cell B1: Year
Cell C1: Balance

2. Click on cell B2. (actually it doesnt matter which cell so long as it is in the table of data).

3. On the Insert Ribbon (just to the right of the Home Ribbon tab), click Pivotable. (on my ribbon its the very left had icon).

4. A dialogue box should appear which has the area of the data indicated in the Table/Range box. Click on OK.

5. At the bottom of the dialogue is the option to choose where you want the table created the default is 'New Worksheet', which is probably best while your trying this out. The other option would allow you to put it where you want, but it might overwrite other cells if there is not enough room.

6. Click on OK. A new sheet will be created with the empty pivotable on the left and a Pivotable field list column on the right.

7. Click and Drag the 'Customer' label (it has a tick box to the left of it, ignore this) to the Row Labels area (bottom left on my screen).

8. Click and Drag the 'Year' label to the Column Labels area.

9. Click and Drag the 'Balance' label to the Values area.

You should now have your completed pivotable. When you update your source data simply right click on the pivotable and choose 'Refresh'

Hope this helps.

Regards

Upvote 0
i did what you explained to me and the balance show as only number 1 not the real value

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Anas,

In the values box, does it say 'Count of Balance' if so then click on the little down arrow to the right of the word 'Balance' and click on 'Value Field Settings' and from that dialogue you can choose 'Sum of' rather than 'Count of'.

If the above doesn't work you need to make sure that the numbers are really numbers rather than text.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Anas,

If you request assistance from the forum it is rude to neither acknowledge offered help (even if unsuccessful) nor respond when follow up queries are answered.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back