ACONCAT and MCONCAT functions

ca.moazzam

Board Regular
Dear all

I found ACONCAT and MCONCAT functions referred to in some solutions and came to know that to use these one has to download and install some MoreFunc add-in. I have downloaded this add-in and tried to install it (using Excel 2013) but although installed, I could not find the ACONCAT formula and the MCONCAT was not suggesting any kind of parameters that a normal Excel formula would do. This makes it very difficult to understand these and other formulae included in this add-in. Can anybody suggest a link from where I could download/ install the version compliant with Excel 2013 and any other important related tip?

Thanks and regards

Moazzam

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Dear all

I found ACONCAT and MCONCAT functions referred to in some solutions and came to know that to use these one has to download and install some MoreFunc add-in. I have downloaded this add-in and tried to install it (using Excel 2013) but although installed, I could not find the ACONCAT formula and the MCONCAT was not suggesting any kind of parameters that a normal Excel formula would do. This makes it very difficult to understand these and other formulae included in this add-in. Can anybody suggest a link from where I could download/ install the version compliant with Excel 2013 and any other important related tip?

Thanks and regards

Moazzam

Morefunc is not available for the 64bit systems. If you do a search on MCONCAT on thos board, you'll find enough examples which uses this function. By the way, morefunc itself has an explanatory notes on it.

ACONCAT is a work-alike written in VBA...

Function aconcat(a As Variant, Optional sep As String = "") As String
' Harlan Grove, Mar 2002
Dim y As Variant
If TypeOf a Is Range Then
For Each y In a.Cells
aconcat = aconcat & y.Value & sep
Next y
ElseIf IsArray(a) Then
For Each y In a
aconcat = aconcat & y & sep
Next y
Else
aconcat = aconcat & a & sep
End If
aconcat = Left(aconcat, Len(aconcat) - Len(sep))
End Function

You need to add this function to your workbook using Alt+F11. Again you can find a lot of threads where this function is used.

To understand how this function works, try the Evaluate Formula tool.

Upvote 0
Here's how I made it work for 64 bit

After you have installed it on your computer, open Excel, go to the developer tab on the ribbon, click on the add-ins button and browse to where it was installed (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Morefunc). Add references to both Morefunc.xll and Morefunc12.xlam (do this one at a time). From there you should be up and running...

If you need to get the developer tab on excel, do the following. File, Options, Customize Ribbon then on the right, check the Developer tab and click OK

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back