Excel 2003-Pivot Tables-Formulas-Calculated Field?

CAT

Hey Everyone

I have recently updated from Excel 2000 to the Microsoft Office 2003 package which contains Excel 2003 (yes I am going to use Access for the other prob I had!! - Thank you for everyones advice on that !!!!).

I was happily creating my Pivot tables until I came to the point where, having created my Pivot table I usually then place my cursor within the pivot table, right click my mouse to reveal a menu and then pick the 'Formulas' option followed by the 'Calculated Field' option. I am normally then able to create my own fields for my pivots, using specially created formulas to suit my needs.

However I was horrified to see that this option was no longer in its usual place on the menu....infact I can't find it anywhere on the pivot menu, wizard, layout etc etc . PLEASE !!!!! tell me it still exists!!!!! Has it been moved? has it been renamed????

It really was a very useful feature, so if anyone knows where it can be found on this version of Excel, or if there is an alternative which serves the same function, please could you let me know!!!!

Many Thanks :unsure:

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Try one of these routes:
select a cell in the pivot table, then
Insert-->calculated field

or View-->Toolnars-->Pivot table to show the pivot table toolbar and then the left hand Pivot table dropdown on the pivot table toolar shows Formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
analystvar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back