Please help with VBA code for list sorting based on last several rows in sheet

liz123

Hi everyone,

I’m a longtime lurker, and first time poster. I really appreciate the detailed info shared here. This forum has helped me tremendously with several projects.

I apologize if this is too complicated of a request, but I just don’t seem to be able to put together something that works as automatically as I’d like, so I was hoping someone more knowledgeable might help out with some specific VBA code.

I have a bunch of files with a series of logistic regression models separated by two blank rows. Each model is headed with “var” and “Exp(B)” and contains markers of significance in a third column. I would like to condense all this info into a list with several columns representing each model (see below for example). In each file, the bottom-most model has the full set of variables (this is somewhere between 6 and 22 variables). My goal is to create a chart using the bottom-most model as a guide for all available variables, and then automatically transfer the values and significance marks into columns to the right in order of the models. I’m okay with this being in the same sheet or a new sheet.

For example, if I have a file with:

VarExp(B)
yellow.34
green.45*
blue.82**
VarExp(B)
yellow.34
green.44
orange.65**
VarExp(B)
yellow.43
green.56*
blue.56*
orange.45

<tbody>
</tbody>

I’d like to convert it to:

var123
yellow.34.34.43
green.45*.44.56*
blue.82**--.56*
orange--.65**.45

<tbody>
</tbody>

If anyone could help me out in writing something systematic and flexible code that allows the final model to shape the list regardless of the number of variables it contains, I’d really really really appreciate it!!! :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Try this for results starting "D1"
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG27Aug59
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, n [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Ac [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] p [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] V [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
n = Rng.Areas.Count
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng.Areas(n)
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not Dn.Address = Rng.Areas(n)(1).Address [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not .exists(Dn.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
            .Add (Dn.Value), .Count
        [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR]
ReDim Ray(1 To .Count + 2, 1 To n * .Count)
Ray(1, 1) = "VAR"
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng.Areas
    Ac = Ac + 2: V = V + 1
        [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Dn
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] .exists(R.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                Ray(1, Ac) = V
                Ray(.Item(R.Value) + 2, 1) = R
                Ray(.Item(R.Value) + 2, Ac) = R.Offset(, 1)
                Ray(.Item(R.Value) + 2, Ac + 1) = R.Offset(, 2)
        [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] R
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Dn
Range("D1").Resize(.Count + 1, Ac + 1).Value = Ray
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
Thank you so much MickG!!!! :) This worked perfectly for my needs.

I really really appreciate your help! You just saved me sooo much work. (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back