Make a sheet in a workbook a template

GoodmanJim

Board Regular
How to you make a sheet in a workbook a template? I want the sheet to remain constant while I insert data and when reuse the sheet in the original condition.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Well, You should probably protect the sheet so that users can't alter stuff you don't want them to. First thing is to identify which cells that need to be locked (not editable), and lock them using Home-Format-Format Cells-Protection Tab (Ctrl-1). When you protect the sheet, you get to choose which type of items you want users to change and have the option of protecting it with a password.

Now you need to find a way to put the information in a database and then clear out the editable values for the next go round. Macros are the best bet.

Excel doesn't have a quick and easy 123 method of creating a template.

We need some information to begin. Buckle up and bring some snacks, this is going to take awhile. ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks Jeffrey

I think I was not descripting my problem correctly. I have a worksheet in a workbook that has 112 activeX control buttons on this worksheet. When I move about this worksheet, I move the buttons by accident. I want to lock the activeX control buttons in their position, so I cannot move them, while putting data in other cells.

Upvote 0
Buttons do that to me also. They also shrink and grow. Have you tried protecting your sheet? If you have the lock status to TRUE in the Button Properties, they should remain constant.

Upvote 0
Sometimes I create cells that look like buttons and use sheet events to run macros. The only thing is that you have to double-click cell buttons to trigger them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back