Macro embedded word file in excel gets lost

MazAb

Hi everyone,
i'va embedded a word document which has macro into my excel file using the following steps:

Insert>Object>Create from file>Display as icon

the word file which I embedded in excel file is not linked to the original word file so that I can send the excel file to anyone without having to send the word file.

but when I open the excel file and want to access the macros in the word file using vba, the macros in the word file are lost.

this problem doesn't happen when I tick the option "link to file" when inserting the word file.

can anyone tell me how I can preserve the macro in the word file without the need to link the embedded word file to the original file?

regards

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
hi Paul, yes the macro is in the word macro enabled file which is embedded in the excel file.

tnx

Upvote 0
When you embed a macro-enabled document in an Excel file, if you insert is as an icon you should get a macro security warning - in Word - at that time. Similarly, you should get a macro security warning - in Word - when you open the embedded document from within Excel, regardless of whether it was embedded as an icon. In my testing, the Word macro is preserved.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back