Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to Open Word file (already having Mailmerged details) from excel
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to Open Word file (already having Mailmerged details) from excel

Quote Originally Posted by Macropod View Post
    You really should have left the code alone... instead of commenting-out and deleting lines you don't understand.
    My apologies. But really, is there anything I can do to avoid the duplicate issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to Open Word file (already having Mailmerged details) from excel

Quote Originally Posted by Macropod View Post
    You really should have left the code alone... instead of commenting-out and deleting lines you don't understand.
    Also, Paul, I saw u teaching the other guy to do Mail Merge when both his files are stored on Sharepoint (but with a local copy). How did you manage to do that?

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/genera...int+mail+merge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herman925 View Post
    My apologies. But really, is there anything I can do to avoid the duplicate issue?
    Well, if you'd left those parts of the code alone, you wouldn't have any duplicates. What you've failed to understand is that the mailmerge main document is used to produce the output document. As written by me, the code closes the mailmerge main document once it has produced the output document; your modifications prevent the output document's production and instead leaves behind the mailmerge main document with all the mergefields still in place - and those fields won't retain their values unless you lock or unlink them - which destroys the document's utility for future merges.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others