guitarist

If you want a good DVD of guitar licks
Get the Crossroads concerts in Texas and Chicago.
It was organised by Clapton.....and almost anybody that's somebody is on it.
Right back to Hubert Sumlin & BB King

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Guitar, yep… I sure was a wild one in the 1970’s and early 80’s. A lot of street drag racing, playing radical electric guitar on my Fender Jaguar (wore the frets flat from all the note bending). And my abundant drinking, etc, then to say the least. Gave up 2 out of 3, but radical electric guitar seems to somehow still be in my DNA. A somewhat melancholy version mixed with radical was more my approach to it. Don’t play so much anymore though (seems to bother the cat). Glad I lived through those days as I almost didn’t. Those were some wild days, but it really wasn’t always all that wonderful of a life then actually. Amazing Grace sure applies to me. I never understood the meaning of those words. As it sure does not have anything at all to do with my having to be perfect, or my good works. Nothing at all.

Last edited:
Yeah Denis
saw Tommy and his brother Phil at seperate venues.....'cause they weren't talking at the time.
Actually I still don't think they communicate very well.
If you like Tommy, have a listen to Ottmar Liebert's "Nouveau Flamenco"

Yep, Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins made a reasonable album together too...."Neck to Neck"

Although I do think Hendrix is a bit overrated...Ducking to avoid beer bottles thrown at me..
:eek: :confused:

That's blasphemy! Hendrix was an amazing guitar player - he practically invented 8-track recording. And his 1-track recording was pretty solid, too. To properly play 'Little Wing', you need to have huge hands, as he frets with his fingers underneath and his thumb over the top, at the same time! That's not easy...!

One of my more favourite, recent guitar players is Jimmy Herring. E.g., him covering a Dead track, 'Scarlet Begonias':

http://www.myspace.com/cheaptricksoh/music/songs/scarlet-begonias-57746209

Cool guy, too. Hung out with him before a serious performance one night, played pool. We didn't talk about Excel... :)

Cool guy, too. Hung out with him before a serious performance one night, played pool. We didn't talk about Excel...
So THAT's what you've been up to, eh?
Keep that up and you'll be too cool to hang around with us Excel geeks anymore!:biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back