SetWarnings action missing from drop down menu in macro window

msmith8754

Hi,

My Access 2007 doesn't have "SetWarnings" action listed in drop down menu whereas Access 2003 did. How do I activate this option? Do I have to do via Visual Basic programming? Basically, I want to prevent any messages from popping up while series of queries are being run.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You'll need to click Show All Actions in the Show/Hide section of the Macro design toolbar.

Handy that isn't it.:)

Spent about an hour trying to find it myself.

Upvote 0
I have to chuckle when I see my exact question posted 3 years earlier, by a different user.

I have not used access for many years now, (change of jobs), but I do now (another change of jobs).
So I should substitute Access 2013 for Access 2007 in the original post. Yes, in Access 2003 SetWarnings to No with an access macro was soooooo simple.

My hurdle at the moment is to run a macro (that runs multiple Make Table Queries and Append queries), but this comes with a huge amount of Warnings, Do I Want to Append Data ??? , yes that's why I'm running an Append query.

The Show All Actions does nothing to my drop down menu, it still has SetWarnings missing. I think it's because my *work* file on the *work* network is not a *trusted* file.
OK, next problem - it does not ask me if I want to make it a trusted file, unlike several excel files that I regularly open. I guess back to unhelpful MS web pages that hint at the answer. D'oh!

Upvote 0
This used to be at:
File (tab) | Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Setting ... (Button) | Trusted Locations

Which allows you to make the location of the file trusted (if on a network you must first check the box to allow trusted locations on the network). I have never done this on a file basis - just for folders.

Note: although personally I'd be surprised if that was the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, that is the fix.
Now I have set a particular network drive as a trusted location. the SetWarnings now appears on my dropdown list.

Thank You Xenou. :)

Upvote 0
Well, I guess you are trusted now. Great!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back